GUN V1.3 is Now Available
We are please to announce the release of our next step in the process of modernizing GUN. You can find the downloads there on our website or at:
As far as what is contained in GUN V1.3, GUN V1.3 will change the block version to 4 on block height 840,000 – this will be a hard fork for the V1.1 based client, so upgrading is mandatory for those users, upgrading is optional for GUN V1.2 users – but recommended.
Version 4 blocks brings two soft forks after 75% of the last 1,000 blocks are version 4, those forks are BIP65 and BIP66.
– BIP65 – OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY replacement for nLockTime
– BIP66 – Strict DER signatures
– Faster synchronization
– Dynamic fees
– Improved signing security
– Watch-only wallet support
– Consensus library
– Standard script rules relaxed for P2SH addresses
– bitcoin-tx separate tool
– Mining and relay policy enhancements