We are please to announce the release of our next step in the process of modernizing GUN. You can find the downloads there on our website or at:
As far as what is contained in GUN V1.3, GUN V1.3 will change the block version to 4 on block height 840,000 – this will be a hard fork for the V1.1 based client, so upgrading is mandatory for those users, upgrading is optional for GUN V1.2 users – but recommended.
Version 4 blocks brings two soft forks after 75% of the last 1,000 blocks are version 4, those forks are BIP65 and BIP66.
– BIP65 – OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY replacement for nLockTime
– BIP66 – Strict DER signatures
– Faster synchronization
– Dynamic fees
– Improved signing security
– Watch-only wallet support
– Consensus library
– Standard script rules relaxed for P2SH addresses
– bitcoin-tx separate tool
– Mining and relay policy enhancements